Friday, October 9, 2009

This is How we Dream.



The "This is how we dream" video was pretty impressive in how it demonstrated the way our society is becoming when it comes to writing. We are relying less on word processing and more on multimedia videos to express how we feel. To me, there are several positives and negatives that come with this. The positives are it is much more motivating to be able to express your opinions and views through multimedia because it is not nearly as boring as just plain writing. With multimedia, you can literally show an audience what you feel with actual video and audio footage.

Some negatives about writing in multimedia is students might lack writing skills by using it too much. It takes a lot of practice to be able to learn proper writing structure. I know I have been practicing it for years and I am still not where I should probably be. I think a good mix of word processing and writing in multimedia would best benefit students.

The question of whether or not I am prepared to write in multimedia can be answered two different ways. I am definitely prepared to learn to write in multimedia because that's the way our World is headed. I am not prepared quite yet in the sense that I still have plenty of practice to do before I am comfortable with it. Any teacher that is not willing to adapt to this method will probably have a difficult time holding a teaching job.

Click here to see the "This is how we dream" video.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about your last comment. Probably that SHOULD be the case, but I doubt it will be the reality.

    ReplyDelete