Sunday, September 13, 2009

Karl Fisch blog

I agree with Karl Fisch's blog for the most part, but I'm not quite as passionate I'd say. A teacher being technologically illiterate today is the same as a teacher not being able to read and write 30 years ago is definitely a bit over the top for me. I definitely think a teacher should be up to date on their technology, but if they are not, they are still very much capable of teaching students the basic concepts of most classes such as math, reading, and English. Technology would make all of these more beneficial, but you could still get it done.
Other than that, I agree with his blog. In this day and age, technology is really taking over and school is no exception. For one, most students today are caught up on all the technology quirks that are out there and for a teacher not to be just sends a bad message right off the bat.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes passion is very useful, especially if you are the person responsible for faculty development in a very large high school!

    ReplyDelete