Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Vision of Students Today

The video done by Kansas State University students did a great job of capturing the college experience for many students. I know for me, I have way too many things that I need to do each day that are either related to school or work. There are literally not enough hours in the day when you have to add in time to sleep and a little more time to do things such as relax. The only way to really keep up is to multi-task and simplify things. As bad as it sounds, sometimes you just have to take shortcuts.
Another thing I like about the video is that this really is what students, myself included, are doing in the majority of their classes. Not really paying attention. Too many classes have the traditional structure where the teacher is lecturing to the class and there is no interaction at all with the students. These teachers usually don't know their students at all and the students spend little to no time paying attention in class.

1 comment:

  1. Are you suggesting that courses are too demanding or too time consuming or too wasteful of students' time. Unclear. I would only agree with one of them, the latter. That is one of the points I think Mr. Wesch was trying to make.

    ReplyDelete