Sunday, September 27, 2009

Wikipedia

I have actually known about the questioning of Wikipedia's reliability for a while now. I think it has many similarities to many other so-called reliable sources in the internet. For one, any person can make a Wikipedia page, just like anyone can make any other website that's out there, except of course, the other websites take more time and money to make. On Wikipedia, you must have reliable sources to make a page on a certain topic. Of course, these sources can spin things to create an advantage for themselves, but so can other websites if you think about it.

For me, Wikipedia is used the same way as most of my resources. I try not use just this website when researching for something that's important to me. I think it's reliable enough to get the basic information out something, but it can also leave out some important details that the source might not want people to know. I think that is why it would be smart for everyone to use multiple sources.

1 comment:

  1. A double post. I wonder how that happened? You can delete one of these posts.

    ReplyDelete